Aqua America services roughly 3 million people across eight states, including in Ohio. We are a publicly regulated water and wastewater utility company. As an Ohio water company, Aqua Ohio is the second largest subsidiary of Aqua America serving 500,000 people an average of 40 million gallons of water daily through 33 water systems. Aqua Ohio is also a wastewater treatment company with three wastewater treatment systems.
How Ohio Water Privatization Can Help Your City or Town
There are many benefits to water privatization and wastewater treatment for your Ohio town. Aqua Ohio’s mission is protecting and providing Earth’s most essential resource. Across Ohio, the Association of Civil Engineers estimates that over $12 billion will be needed to replace aging water infrastructure and over $14 billion for wastewater in the next 20 years. Aqua Ohio invests $30 to $40 million each year across Ohio updating and replacing aging infrastructure.
Ohio Water Privatization Services
As a water company in Ohio, Aqua delivers quality water to municipalities, meeting and exceeding all state and federal regulations. If you believe that water privatization can help your city or town, please fill out the form at the right of this page.
- Infrastructure updates – Aqua Ohio is regularly restoring and replacing old, outdated facilities, well stations, water and wastewater plants, and water mains, allowing Aqua to provide reliable service and quality water.
- Fresh, reliable drinking water – Aqua Ohio provides safe and delicious drinking water to each customer, routinely testing water to ensure that it is safe to drink.
Ohio Wastewater Services
Our Ohio water company has the technical expertise to provide quality wastewater services consistent with public health benchmarks and environmental quality standards.
- Quality wastewater discharge – Aqua improves the quality of water discharged from wastewater treatment plants back into the environment.
- Safety for plant and animal life– Aqua purifies wastewater to remove disease causing bacteria ensuring that wastewater leaving Aqua’s plants is safe for all people, animals and plants.
- Active environmental innovations– Aqua is constantly transforming wastewater treatment processes. These procedures are respectful of the environment and will adhere to future Ohio Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
Benefits of Working with our Water Company in Ohio
Millions of Americans receive their gas and electric utilities from private companies. Water and wastewater service, however is usually delivered by municipalities or authorities.
But many municipalities struggle with funding all of their community’s essential needs including, police and fire departments, schools, roadways and water and wastewater infrastructure. For municipalities or authorities interested in Ohio water privatization or Ohio wastewater treatment, Aqua Ohio can be an excellent partner and integrate municipal water or wastewater systems into existing operations. This provides the municipality with funds to balance the budget and ease the heavy load of keeping their water and wastewater systems.