Aqua America is a private water and wastewater utility company, headquartered in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania that serves more than 3 million people across the United States. A subsidiary of Aqua America, Aqua Pennsylvania is a Pennsylvania water company that serves 1.4 million people and an average of 123 million gallons of water daily through 427,000 water connections. Aqua Pennsylvania is also a Pennsylvania wastewater treatment company with 20,000 wastewater connections and 11 surface water treatment plants.
How Water Privatization Can Help Your Pennsylvania City or Town
Aqua Pennsylvania’s mission is protecting and providing Earth’s most essential resource. Aqua delivers quality water and wastewater services by hiring the best people, and innovating and replacing aging infrastructure. In the past five years (2012-2016), Aqua Pennsylvania spent $1.2 billion on capital improvements and plans to spend $292 million through the end of 2017.
Pennsylvania Privatized Water Services
As a private water utility in Pennsylvania, we deliver reliable quality water to Pennsylvania municipalities, meeting and exceeding all state and federal regulations. If you believe that water privatization can help your city or town, please fill out the form on this page.
- Safe, delicious drinking water – Aqua Pennsylvania provides safe drinking water to each customer, routinely testing water to ensure that it is safe to drink.
- Infrastructure investments – Aqua Pennsylvania is constantly repairing and replacing old, outdated facilities, water mains, water and wastewater plants, and well stations, enabling Aqua to provide quality water and reliable service.
Pennsylvania Wastewater Services
Our PA water company has the technical expertise and experience to offer quality wastewater services consistent with public health standards and environmental quality standards.
- Quality wastewater – Aqua improves the quality of water distributed from wastewater treatment plants back into the water system.
- Safety for people and the environment – Aqua disinfects wastewater to kill disease causing bacteria so that wastewater leaving Aqua’s plants is safe for all plant and animal life.
- Proactive environmental approach – Aqua is constantly innovating to ensure its wastewater treatment processes are respectful of the environment, and will adhere to future Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection regulations.
Benefits of Working with our PA Private Water Company
Most Americans have utility services, including gas and electric, provided by a private company. Water and wastewater service, however is typically supplied by municipal- or authority-owned systems.
However, many municipalities struggle with balancing budgets that include a long list of priorities, from water and wastewater infrastructure needs to schools, police and fire departments, roadways and bridges. For municipalities or authorities interested in Pennsylvania water privatization and wastewater privatization, Aqua Pennsylvania can be a partner by integrating water or wastewater systems into Aqua’s existing operations. This gives the municipality an influx of cash to put toward other priorities and alleviates the burden of maintaining their own water and wastewater systems.
In addition, recent fair market valuation legislation in Pennsylvania allows companies like Aqua to pay a fair market amount for municipal water and wastewater systems. This benefits local governments, customers and the environment. Before the passage of this legislation, utilities were often limited to including only the original depreciated cost into their rate base, which became a regulatory barrier to a sale.