Aqua serves more than 3 million people across eight states, including Ohio. We are a publicly regulated water and wastewater utility company. Aqua Ohio is Aqua’s second-largest subsidiary and serves about 500,000 people an average of 40 million gallons of water daily through 36 water systems. Aqua Ohio also treats wastewater through five wastewater treatment plants.
How Selling to a Regulated Utility Can Help Your City or Town
There are many benefits to selling your town’s or city’s water or wastewater system to a regulated utility. Aqua Ohio’s mission is protecting and providing Earth’s most essential resource. The American Society of Civil Engineers estimates that Ohio needs to invest more than $12 billion to replace aging water infrastructure and more than $14 billion for wastewater systems over the next 20 years. Aqua Ohio invests more than $40 million each year across Ohio updating and replacing aging infrastructure.
Aqua Ohio Services
Aqua delivers municipalities quality water that meets or outperforms all state and federal regulations. If you believe water privatization can help your city or town, please fill out the form at the right of this page.
- Infrastructure updates – Aqua Ohio regularly replaces old, outdated facilities, well stations, water and wastewater plants and water mains, allowing Aqua to provide reliable service and quality water.
- Fresh, reliable drinking water – Aqua Ohio provides safe drinking water to each customer, routinely testing water to ensure it’s safe to drink.
Aqua Ohio Wastewater Services
Aqua Ohio has the technical expertise to provide quality wastewater services consistent with public health benchmarks and environmental quality standards.
- Quality wastewater discharge – Aqua improves the quality of water discharged from wastewater treatment plants back into the environment.
- Safety for plant and animal life– Aqua cleans and sanitizes wastewater to remove disease-causing bacteria ensuring that wastewater leaving Aqua’s plants is safe for people, animals and plants.
- Active environmental innovations– Aqua is constantly transforming wastewater treatment processes. These procedures are respectful of the environment and adhere to Ohio Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
Benefits of Working With Aqua Ohio
Millions of Americans receive their gas and electric utilities from private companies. Water and wastewater service, however, is more often delivered by municipalities or local authorities but an increasing number of communities are enjoying the benefits of privatization.
But many municipalities struggle with funding all of their community’s essential needs including, police and fire departments, schools, roadways and water and wastewater infrastructure. For municipalities interested in water or wastewater treatment privatization, Aqua Ohio can be an excellent partner and integrate municipal water or wastewater systems into existing operations. Aqua may be able to provide the municipality with additional funds to balance budgets, retire debt and eliminate the burden of operating and maintaining their utility as a government-owned operation.
Municipal Fair Market Value Legislation in Ohio
In 2019, Ohio enacted legislation to help municipalities receive market-based values for their water and wastewater systems if they choose to sell their systems to a regulated utility. That increase can be converted into much-needed revenue for community priorities. Ohio’s new municipal fair market value (MFMV) make working with Aqua more attractive than ever.